Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten (or Seven) TV Shows


Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is brought to use by The Broke and the Bookish. Today, we diverge from bookish topics to other types of stories. This topic is timed perfectly because I have been watching a lot of TV recently. Let's get started!

1. Warehouse 13
I love this show so much! It combines everything I love: sci-fi, history, humor. I'm on the fourth season right now and it's killing me not to watch it all. It's the show my fiance and I watch together so I feel bad watching it without him. Hopefully, we'll finish the season soon!

2. The Mindy Project
This is a show I just finished. I started watching it on Hulu then signed up for a free trial of Hulu+, in which I proceeded to binge watch both seasons. This show is so hilarious and I cannot wait until the next season.


3. Gilmore Girls
If I had to choose one show that had a profound influence on me as a youth, it would be this show. I started watching it when it started running on ABC Family and became obsessed. I own all of the seasons (this was pre-Netflix days, although it's STILL not on Netflix.) I'm actually planning on rewatching it soon.

4. Friends
This is another show that had a profound influence on me. One summer, I decided I was going to watch Friends every time it was on in order to see most of the episodes. And I did. My sophomore year of college, I would watch it in bed on Nick at Nite until I fell asleep  (or until George Lopez came on).

5. Parks and Rec
I enjoy the small town feel of this show, plus I admire Leslie Knope's ambition and determination.

6. Psych
I have been watching this show forever and it is absolutely hilarious! I haven't seen the last season yet, but I'm really excited about it!

7. How I Met Your Mother
After seeing the series finale, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this show. I went through a phase where I really liked it, but now with some distance, I think it's okay but not super fantastic! I put it on the list though, because at one time I really liked it.

Do we share any favorite tv shows? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments. 

6 comments:

  1. I love Parks and Rec! I am going to miss Ann and Chris, but Leslie and crew are still hilarious. I feel like HIMYM struggled at the end. I watch until the bitter end and thought it was fine. It was time for the show to end. On the other hand, I think The Big Bang Theory is only getting better with time. Thanks for sharing! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-24f

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HIMYM definitely struggled towards the end, especially in the last season. I adore Leslie so much!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I should watch Mindy Project. Mindy Kaling is such an interesting person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is! I read her book a couple summers ago and really enjoyed it too!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Warehouse 13!! I don't have access to season 4 though, and that season finale for season 3 is KILLING. ME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!? I actually thought the series had ended at season 3 and I was so sad. I'm really lucky my library has season four. Hopefully, they'll put it on Netflix soon!

      Delete