Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

I'm not usually one to be overly enthusiastic about a new year. Usually, I'm with the masses going, "It's just another year / you can start change within yourself at any point." I never understood the big deal with New Years Resolutions so I never made any or felt compelled to stick with them.

I'm feeling a little different this year. When looking back on 2013, I've had some good times. But I've also had some things happen that I think I could have handled better/prevented. Reflecting on this, I just feel compelled to focus on self-improvement. Unfortunately, I have no clear direction on how I want to go about that, but I am working on it.

This year I wanted to make goals for each month that would focus on me just becoming better. A better friend, girlfriend, overall human being, whatever. "Better" is really subjective, but it is also relatively easy to obtain. After all, if I'm doing slightly better than yesterday, then I am automatically doing better.

I don't know what exactly I'm going to focus on improving each month; I think for January I'm just going to focus on exercise since I started on that before the end of 2013. We will see though, as I haven't one hundred percent committed to that yet. I will hopefully have a post on my goals for January up soon. My bookish/blog-focused goals will go up next Tuesday with Broke and Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday. Once I have goals for each month lined up, I will try to post them and at the end of the month, let you all know how I did.

Do you have any goals for 2014 or even just the month of January? What are they? Leave them in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment