Saturday, July 13, 2013

Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins Review

Title: Spell Bound
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Published: March 13, 2012 by Hyperion

Plot summary from Goodreads:
Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

My Thoughts:
This one definitely keeps you interested from start to finish with a lot of humor too. I would say this one is a lot more intense than the past two, even the end of Demonglass.   It's been interesting to see how the series developed from the first book.

I liked seeing her family dynamic change, considering the cliffhanger at the end of this one and the beginning of the this one. Sophie grew up a lot throughout the series, but I think she grew the most through this book. I was proud of her for her decisions.
I liked Archer a lot more in this one, though Cal still holds a special place in my heart. I also liked finally getting the full story on Archer in this one. 
Great series overall, I'd recommend it to people who liked Harry Potter, but also wanted more female characters and a YA feel. 

Have you read this series? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment