Monday, June 24, 2013

Perfect Scoundrels Book Review

Picture from Goodreads
Hey, everyone! Here's an old-fashioned book review for you. As one of my goals in June was to read more, I figured it wouldn't hurt to review one of the books I read recently.

I recently read Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter, and like all Ally Carter books I really enjoyed it. It follows the adventures of Kat Bishop and her crew as they attempt to pull of the biggest heist of all time. However, this time it's the Hales who need their help, whether the new heir knows it or not.

I really enjoy the dynamic between Kat and Hale, and even though their relationship is tested throughout the novel, which only shows it's strength. There are really no extraneous events in this book, everything is related and ties together in the end. Plenty of action and character development, but not cliche in the slightest.

One thing I really like about Ally Carter's books is that they are very easy to fly through, and they are never boring. There is always something going on in the story and it keeps it interesting.

The ending did leave me satisfied, and while I am confident that this is the end of the series, I wouldn't mind seeing more from the Heist Society world.

Overall, I would recommend this book/series to readers who enjoy action-packed reads, and if you like Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series, you should give this a shot.

Also, Carter has just sold a new series called Embassy Row that will be out in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment