Saturday, June 22, 2013

Doing vs. Creating and Inspiration

Hey, everyone! I though I would share this video with you today! It talks about how we spend our time: doing vs. creating. I don't know about you, but I realize I spend a lot of my time doing. Sitting on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr, browsing online shops, etc. Not to mention doing homework and working. But I am not my happiest when doing all the things. I find that I get a lot of satisfaction out of creating something, which is the primary reason I started blogging. However, my main problem is inspiration is at a low point for me, and has been for the past year. It can be difficult to get back into the swing of things when you have no ideas. 

It really reminds me of a conversation I had with a coworker last fall. He's a graphic design major and was taking I think three or four studio classes (they generally recommend you only take two, he tells me). Anyway, we were talking about about how we couldn't wait for the semester to be over. "Yeah, I'm so creatively exhausted," is what he told me. I understood what he was saying at the time, but I think I understand it more fully now. 

The thing about inspiration is that it can strike from anywhere. Like, when I clicked on this video, I didn't think I was going to be writing a blog post about it. And yet, here I am. 

What about you? Do you find yourself doing more or creating more? Which makes you happiest? Tell me in the comments. 

P.S. If you like this video, you should check out her channel. It's good stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment