Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme run by The Broke and the BookishEvery week, there is a new topic and you make a list based on that topic. This week's topic is "Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever". I usually don't find characters very frustrating so this may be another difficult list. Let's get started! 

1. Scarlett from Gone With the Wind

Oh Scarlett. You are so annoying and selfish. But yet you triumph in hard times because of your selfishness. But you're ungrateful and not very likable at all. 

2. Tris in Insurgent

I really enjoyed Insurgent, but Tris's "save-all-the-people" attitude got annoying sometimes. (I'm sure there's a better way to phrase that.) Similar to what Harry suffered in The Order of the Phoenix. Angst, angst everywhere. 

3. Lena in Beautiful Darkness
So I am reading this right now, and OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO ANNOYED! She is just doing so much stupid stuff, and it upsets me. It's vaguely reminding me of New Moon, except Ethan is being proactive. But hopefully the reason for Lena being so annoying will be explained at the end of this book. Note: I finished it, and while I am still annoyed by Lena's angst, I do have a better understanding of it. 

4. Ky in Matched
As you are probably aware, I didn't really care for Matched. And here is the reason why: Ky is the typical guy with a troubled past, even though the past is different because it is set in a dystopian society. I just found him really annoying during his and Cassia's whole "falling-in-love" section. 

5. Jessica Darling in Sloppy Firsts
Don't get me wrong- Sloppy Firsts was great! However, I found Jessica really annoying for the first half of the book. She was an angsty teenager. Thankfully, she improved and has improved as I have progressed with the series. 

6. Andi in Revolution 
I'm beginning to see a pattern here... Andi annoyed me for a bit because of her angst, but at least she had good reason for it. Revolution general is kinda an interesting read. 

7. Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey
Catherine isn't so much frustrating as she is naive. You really just feel bad for her as you read the book, mumbling to yourself, "Oh, Catherine..."

8. Aislinn in Wicked Lovely
I did not enjoy this book, which may be part of the reason I found the main character so annoying. The world building was done well, but I didn't like any of the chracters. They were all dull. 

9. Katniss in Mockingjay
I know I'm not the only one who was a little annoyed with her in the last book of the series. She and Tris (#2) have the whole "save-all-the-people" problem. (still must be a better way to phrase that). 

10. Mia in The Princess Diaries series
I can't remember in what book (it's been awhile since I read all of them) but Mia did annoy me in some of the books during her sophomore year, I think. Which is understandable, because sophomore year of high school is difficult for all of us. 

Those are my most frustrating characters. I am sure there are others I am forgetting. 

What are your most frustrating characters? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment