Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Blog Post

Happy Veterans Day all! Since I have a free moment today and don't feel like writing my paper at all, I thought I would give you a brief update on my reading life.

Now, let's look at what I actually read since the semester started.

I have only read three titles this entire semester and they have all been for class (technically I have read three other books for a class, but I'm not going to count them since I didn't actually read them).

The first book I read was Madame Bovary by Flaubert. I was really excited to start reading this in class, and I really don't remember why. It was okay, but it wasn't amazing. It was okay, it was very prettily written, but I didn't love it.

I also read "Much Ado About Nothing" By Shakespeare. I liked this better than Bovary and the next book I've read this semester. I really enjoyed reading it and watching it. This is my first really enjoyable encounter with Shakespeare, as I had only previously read "Julius Caesar  which was okay, but I think I would appreciate it a lot more now. I look forward to reading more Shakespeare in the future.

The most recent book I've read this semester is one I actually finished last night, The Stranger by Albert Camus. This is another book I liked but didn't really love. But it was also very interesting.

And that is all I have read since August! Right now, I'm currently read Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan, which is what I've been reading in my spare time for the past month. I'm also going to start Everything and Nothing by Borges for one of my classes. I'm not very excited to start it, but I hope it's interesting. It also has a very nice looking cover, which I may post a picture of later.

No comments:

Post a Comment