Saturday, July 7, 2012

Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley Review


Where I Belong
photo from barnesandnoble.com

Corrine is living the dream- shopping at Barney's by day, going out to the hottest clubs by night. She even has her own horse and is going to start at an elite boarding school in the fall. However, when her father is laid off and makes a bad investment, she is shipped to a tiny town in Texas to live with her grandparents she barely knows. She goes from a posh boarding school to a public high school, from never having to work a day in her life, to shoveling manure. Corrine is determined to get back to where she belongs- to New York City.  However, when Corrine makes an unlikely friend and discovers a cute boy at work, she realizes that being in Texas may not be all bad. 
This book was so adorable! I liked Corrine from the beginning, even though she was a bit of a complainer once she actually got to Texas. All of the characters is this book were really well-written, from Corrine's little brother to her best friend from the city. I will admit that I really liked her Texas friend in this book, I thought she was just adorable. There is some romance in this book, but ti is not the driving force in this book, and the reader is left on a romantic cliff-hanger. This book also gives the important lesson of how your parents had a life before you were born, which a lot of kids have difficulty grasping. Overall, I really liked this book. The only things I didn't like was the ending because it didn't seem very realistic and the romantic cliff-hanger is still bugging me.

Overall, I would definitely recommend if you like fun, contemporary reads or if you think that God blessed Texas with His own hands.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment