Friday, June 29, 2012

Under-Rated and Under-Known Books

So earlier this month Misty at thebookrat and Kayley at kayleyreads both did videos on under-rated and under-known books. I thought it was an interesting topic, one that I had been considering covering for awhile.

So without further ado, here's my list of under-rated and under-known books.

1. The Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
I have discovered that this series is only really under-known with my generation. The first book came out in the eighties, so people who were eleven then are more familiar with the series. However, it is a really good series about navigating adolescence.  There is one more book left to be released in the series.

2. Once Upon A Marigold and Twice Upon A Marigold by Jean Ferris
I read this book in middle school. It's a type of fairy tale, but it's not a retelling. It's cute and has a moral, although it is kinda spelled out.

3. Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell
Why have more people not read this book? It's about a girl who goes to Asia with her kooky aunt and self-discovery. What's not to love?


There are my three recommendations! I may do this again to just keep compiling a list of under-rated/under-known books.

No comments:

Post a Comment