Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kate's Book Club Summer Reading

So I realize this is going to be a lot of posts in a couple of days, but Kate at katesbookclub is holding a summer reading challenge going on that you can read about here. After much deliberating and research on choosing books, I ultimately decided to do it. Here are the books I have (mostly!) decided on:
1. One Book Recommended By A Friend.
Leviathan by Scott Westerfield. I borrowed this from my boyfriend at the very beginning of the year and I still have it.
2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year.The Luxe by Ana Gobbersen. Back when my parents had first discovered that Half-Priced Books was a thing, my mom bought me this because she thought I might like it. I have yet to read it.
3. One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember.The Boyfriend List  by E. Lockhart. I listened to the audio book of this years ago, but never really  progressed with the series from there. I decided I might want to read the second one in this series only to discover that I do not remember a thing.
4. One Book From Your To Be Read List.Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I'd been wanting to read this for awhile, and considering recent events, I find it high time I do so.
5. One Book You've Never Heard Of.Past Perfect by Leila Sales. It took me the longest time to find this one. I was just sitting around wondering what I could possibly find that I hadn't heard of. Then I realized I already had one book I hadn't heard of.
6. One Classic.Either Emma by Jane Austen or This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I've been wanting to read Emma for ages- it's one of the few Austen novels I haven't read. However, the only Fitzgerald I've read is Gatsby and I'd like to read more, so I may read that instead.
7. One Book You Started But Never Finished.
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray. I have tried to get through this book twice and have yet to succeed. I like to think I remember the first two well enough to not have to reread them. 
8. One New Release.
Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I bought this when it first came out for my Nook and have yet to read it. 
9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre.Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi. This is another it took me awhile to find. I settled on this because it appears to be an autobiography of sorts, which I'm not inclined to read and it is a graphic novel, which I almost never read. 
10. One Chunkster (A Book That Is Over 400 Pages).When I look at my bookshelf, two books stand out as chunksters,  Gone With The Wind and The Tea Rose. Since I have finished GWTW, I will read The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. 

Are you participating in Katesbookclub's Summer Reading? If so,w hat are you reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment