Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Library Book Haul

Today I went to not one, but two libraries. I was only going to pick up my holds, not really allowing for hardcore perusal time, but I was able to grab a couple interesting finds.

First book I picked up was Gone by Michael Grant. Now I don't know about you, readers, but I have heard a lot about this book. It definitely looks interesting.

Next, I picked up Forever in Blue: the Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares. I read the first three in this series ages ago, and I would like to complete the series.

From a different library I picked up four books, two of which were holds. the first was The Secret of Shadow Ranch by Carolyn Keene. It's probably typical Nancy Drew book, but I'm excited to read it. I like children's literature.

My next hold is nonfiction. It's called Reading Harry Potter Again edited by Giselle Liza Anatol. It's a bunch of essays about reading the Harry Potter series critically. Apparently, there's a first one that was released right before the fifth book, so I might pick that one up too if this one proves interesting.

A book I picked up, rather at random, is The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I've heard some about this book, and have been a little intrigued by it. And it was just kinda sitting on the shelf so I said to myself, "Why not?"

The last book I picked up is Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. It's a historical fiction novel, another one that I've heard a bit about. It looks like your average Holocaust related fiction to me, but I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Still reading Duty and Desire by Pamela Aidan. It's excellent so far. I'm also reading The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman, which is another interesting read.

Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment